Post by scooter1027 on Feb 23, 2014 22:44:51 GMT -5
Application for Scott Wilcox
1. Your Age (Please be 18 or older to join this league)?
30 Years Old
2. Your Location?
3. Your favorite MLB team?
4. How did you find this league?
5. Do you have and what are your: YIM? AIM? EMAIL?
email@example.com. Always accessible at that email.
Not as Quick Questions...
1. What experience do you have playing fantasy baseball?
I suppose it's been about 12 years now of seriously playing. I've predominately played in redraft leagues, including a continuous entry in the Fantasy Baseball Café Challenge league. I've played in a couple short term dynasty leagues that haven't really last due to uncommitted leadership.
2. How often are you available online to be contacted by your fellow owners in this league (trade talk and such)?
Almost always. As a healthcare professional and father of two little boys, there are some times where my access is limited. But generally speaking, I can be reached and will communicate via email. When I'm not at work, I'm frequently online checking up on the latest Brewers, Packers, or Badgers news.
3. What kind of team would you be willing to take over? (The options could include: A team with a chance to compete this year, a team with a chance to compete in the near future, a team that needs alot of rebuilding/owner work)
I would be interested in any kind of team. I enjoy the challenge of a rebuild, but at the same time, who doesn't like to compete to win right away? Either way sounds good to me.
1. We play in a total franchise league (Read the rules in the rules section to get an idea of how we play)... What would be your general game plan while running a team in this league?
I can't say I'd have a general game plan...my game plan would be to maintain flexibility. There's more than one way to skin a cat, so to speak. I like to build a pipeline of young talent and go from there, as it can help maintain cap health and create trade assets. But you never know when some other opportunity may strike, so you have to be willing to maintain flexibility.
2. This is a league with 15 teams in it, and as such it can be expected that there will be a rather large number of teams that will not contend every season. Would you be ok with building for the future? Do you need to always be in competition in order to remain interested in the league?
I would absolutely maintain interest in a down year. In fact, that's when a lot of good work can be done planning for the future. If you're just going to get passive during a down year, what's the point in participating in dynasty? You're only digging yourself a deeper hole.
3. Any other information you think we as a league should know in order to best determine your eligibility?
Nothing in particular, just that I'm a baseball junkie who gives his all in my life endeavors. I will be committed to this league should I be allowed in.
4. Please post some online history (this is a security measure to ensure that there are no duplicate owners). Examples : your Facebook page, your twitter account, any other leagues you were in... Urls are fine here. If you prefer to keep this information private please send one of the Admins a message with these details.
One more thing...
Please confirm that you have read the League Code of Conduct, and agree to their contents? Agree.